You’re very welcome to run your hands over the historic building’s cob walls and take yourself back to the days of the drovers but if you’d rather relax in more modern surroundings, feel free to stretch out in the privacy of one of our motel-style cottages.
You can be sure of a comfortable stay, and those million-dollar views come for free!
Tophouse Historic Inn
Tophouse is built of “Cob” in 1887 and remains in excellent condition. It is an experience to stay in a cob house! Miles and i don’t mind telling you about the place and The “The Double Murder ,Suicide ” back in 1894.
Perfect for birthdays, wedding anniversaries and other intimate occasions.
Our rooms are tastefully appointed, with fresh, crisp decor and traditional accents.They are not large rooms but cosy, as they didnot build large rooms back in 1887.
Please note that the special nature of this heritage-listed building means the rooms do not contain en-suite bathrooms.
As hosts Miles and Helen also live in Tophouse and have our own Bathroom facilities
- Four guest rooms: two Queens, one double, one twin
- Electric blankets
- Heaters in all rooms
- Bathroom amenities include two new beautifully renovated bathrooms with a shower in each and separate 2 new toilets .Hair dryer,free Bathroom toiletries
- Free WIFI
- 2 Large Open fires cosy in winter
- The “Smallest Bar ” in NZ and probably the oldest . we both have our Bar licence so have a wine or beer and get a photo. We are “fully licensed “, no B.Y.O .
We have a “Restaurant “opening on Friday August 7th, Friday , Saturday, Sunday Nights from 6-8pm in Tophouse’s dining room.Weekdays please make an inquiry(not Wednesdays sorry) Bookings essential. Maximin of 14 people. For bookings ring us on 03) 5211269 or 0211089266 or email :firstname.lastname@example.org We are no B.Y.O
- We don’t mind if you use the kitchen in the Guesthouse to make a simple meal on days when the restaurant is not open. There are also 2 restaurants Alpine Lodge & The St Arnaud Tavern in Saint Arnaud
- 7 k’ms away .
Tariff for rooms in Tophouse
$168 x 1-2 people for the Gold and Blue Rooms which have a Queen bed in each per night
$168 for a Queen Room per night for 1-2 people
$168 for the Lavender Room which has 2 Twin beds .
$168 for the Lavender Room . $130 for a single person
$160 for the Green Room which has a Double bed
$130 for a single person in the Green room
.Prices include a Continental breakfast and Miles does a “Yummy ” scrambled egg on toast ,eggs from our own chooks.
We require credit card details when booking and a contactable phone number thanks.
You can cancel free of charge until 2 days before arrival (from May -November)
You can cancel free of charge until 7 days before arrival (from December-June)
If you cancel within the those days 50% of the total price will be charged unless we can fill that room.
A “No show” on the night will be charged 100%
Look forward to meeting you!Make a booking
Tophouse Mountain View Cottages
Comfortable and warm, each stand-alone cottage contains 2 bedrooms of one Queen bed and two single beds ( with the exception Cottage 1 has a Bunk bed and a single bed designed for families with 3 children ) For an extra child we have a portable bed you can erect in the lounge. kitchenette, Dining table, Settee.
Every cottage features amazing views of Mount Robert and The Saint Arnaud Ranges.
- Queen bed , x 2 twin beds= Cottages 2,3 and 4 (sleeps 4 people in each cottage )
- Queen bed ,x 1 bunk bed and x1 single bed =Cottage 1 (sleeps 5 people) designed for families with 3 children ,we can put an extra stretcher bed in any cottage
- Bathroom,shower, hand basin and toilet
- Electric blankets , hair dryer
- Electric heaters in bedrooms and living area
- Stove, fridge, microwave ,all crockery, electric jug,cutlery and cookware
- TV with Freeview
- Free WIFI
- Torches to help guide access between cottages and The Tophouse Historic Inn .
- All bed linen is on the beds and towels for each person
- Portacot available (no charge) for children under 2 years. Please advise if bringing own linen for the cot or if you want us to provide it.
- We have frozen pies and pizzas for sale if you arrive late without food
- Guests are welcome to book in for a continental breakfast ( and scrambled egg) over in the dining room at the Tophouse Historical Inn) at 8:30 am . Cost is $20 per person $15 for children under 12 years Guests staying in the cottages are also welcome to book dinner at the “Restaurant” in the Tophouse Dining Room Fridays ,Saturday,
- Sundays ,bookings essential (Mondays with advanced notice) (for more see above)
$160 for 2 people per night (May -November ) ; $25 per additional person per night
$170 for 2 people per night (December-April) ; $25 per additional person per night
We require credit card details when booking and contactable phone number thanks.
Send us a message or give us a ring. 03)5211269.
Helen’s Mobile; 0211089266
You can cancel free of charge until 1 days of arrival between May-November .
You can cancel free of charge until 7 days of arrival between December-April.
If you cancel within these days of arrival we will charge 50% of the total amount unless we can fill that cottage .
A “No show ” on the night will be charged 100%
Pets :We do not allow pets in the cottages or in the Guesthouse .If you want to bring your dog it must stay in your car or in a cage on the cottage deck at night.Make a booking