Who we are
When we use the term ‘visitor’ or ‘you’ we are referring to the person that is using or is a registered customer on our website. When we refer to “Personal information”, this is any information that relates to you (or from which you can be identified).
We strongly believe that the responsible use of data allows us to build stronger relationships, further our purpose and deliver better experiences for our clients and visitors. We take your privacy extremely seriously. We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and being transparent in the handling of all personal information. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement and applicable privacy and data protection laws.
This privacy document explains how we may collect and use personal information from you when you use our website (https://tophouse.kiwi).
How we use this information
We may use you information for the following purposes:
- We use your information to deliver the specific information, products or services you have requested. For example, if you have requested further information on our services or content, or wish to subscribe to our alert service, or submit an enquiry through this site. We will only use the email address you provide to us to respond to that request. Without your express consent, we will not use your contact details for any other purpose.
- If you shop online with us, we will retain your shopping history and use details of the products you have previously purchased and may make suggestions to you for other products which we believe you will also be interested in.
- We record visitor analytics using a privacy focused analytics service.
- This site may also use Google Analytics, if this the case it will be mentioned in the cookies section
- If you have opted into receiving marketing or promotional material or you are an existing client we may occasionally send helpful emails and/or offers. You may opt out from these at anytime.
- We may review generalised visitor analytics to improve our products and services
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
- We may contact you for market research for our own organisation (never any third party) if you have given us your contact details, you are never under obligation to participate.
We ensure that we always have an appropriate legal basis for processing your personal information. For the most part, the processing of your personal information is based either on
- a) Your legitimate interests related to us providing you services you have requested or otherwise your customer relationship with us, or
- b) your consent, where requested.
How we store your personal information
We are committed to ensuring your personal information is kept secure and confidential and not kept for longer than is necessary for the purpose they were processed. When your personal information is no longer necessary, it will be deleted.
From time to time we may ask third party service providers, to help us manage our information technology systems and provide services to you. Some of these systems may be located in other countries than our area of business, including countries located outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
We will only transfer your information to a third party service provider or overseas, where we are satisfied that adequate levels of protection are in place to protect the integrity and security of any information being processed and compliance with applicable privacy and data protection laws. These measures may include the use of Standard Contractual Clauses, the EU-US Privacy Shield, Swiss-US Privacy Shield or your consent. You may request further information on the legal security measures used for such transfers via the contact details given in this Privacy Notice.
Securing your personal information
Who we share your data with
If we are working with a third party service provider to deliver a service or product you have requested it may be necessary to share some information with that provider. We are upfront about who we work with. We always ensure the security of such disclosures and transfers in accordance with the applicable privacy and data protection laws
We may disclose personal information in response to legal process, for example in response to a court order or a subpoena, or in response to a law enforcement agency’s request, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, and as otherwise required by law. Our agents and contractors may have access to personal information to help carry out the services they are performing for us.
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Your general rights
If you wish to stop receiving marketing communications from us then please click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the relevant mailing. If you wish to opt-out completely then please contact us at using the details provided below.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you would like us to delete your information from our records, please contact us using the contact details below and we will respond within a reasonable time. Please note that we may be required to retain certain information by law and/or for our own legitimate business purpose.
Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
Visitors from the European Economic Area
If you are from the European Economic Area, you have rights (with some exceptions and restrictions) to:
- object to our processing of your personal data, including profiling. You can object at any time and we shall stop processing the information you have objected to, unless we can show compelling legitimate grounds to continue that processing;
- access your personal data. If you make this kind of request and we hold personal data about you, we are required to provide you with information on it, including a description and copy of the personal data and why we are processing it;
- request erasure of your personal data;
- request correction or updating of the personal data that we hold about you and that is inaccurate;
- request the restriction of our processing of your personal data in some situations. If you request this, we can continue to store your personal data but are restricted from processing it while the restriction is in place;
- withdraw your consent to our use of your personal data. When you use our website you may have been asked to consent to the dropping of a cookie. You may withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data that has been derived from cookies. If you do withdraw consent, that will not affect the lawfulness of what we have done with your personal data before you withdrew consent;
- complain to your local data protection authority about our collection or use of your personal data. For example, in the UK, the local data protection authority is the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you exercise the rights above and there is any question about who you are, we may require you to provide information from which we can satisfy ourselves as to your identity.
If you are from the European Economic Area and would like to exercise any of these rights in relation to any information we hold about you via this website please contact us using the contact details provided below. We will consider and respond to your request in accordance with the relevant law.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small packets of information stored by your web browser when you visit certain websites, including our website. Cookies are generally used by websites to improve your user experience by enabling that website to ‘remember’ you, either strictly for the duration of your visit (using a “Session” cookie which is erased when you close your browser) or for repeat visits (using a “Permanent” cookie). Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Cookies set when interacting with the website
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Privacy focused analytics
This website doesn’t use Google Analytics. We use the privacy focused Plausible Analytics tool that is cookie free. It doesn’t collect personal data. Here’s a link to their privacy document.
How to reject cookies
The procedure for rejecting cookies varies from one browser application to another. If you wish to reject cookies from our site, but wish to accept those from other sites, you may choose the option in your browser settings to receive a notice before a cookie is stored on your device. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information.
To find out more, please consult the following: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies and www.youronlinechoices.com. By disabling cookies, you may be prevented from accessing some features of our site or certain content or functionality may not be available.
Embedded content from other websites